Blogger Profile Suggestion
Daily Prompt Idea
Daily Prompt: Circle of Five
by michelle w. on December 12, 2012
A writer once said, “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” If this is true, which five people would you like to spend your time with?
This is a cool prompt – and after serving almost a full week on a federal jury, I really need the brain candy. So I will accept this challenge!
There was no limiting to persons in this age/time, so I am going to pick the five top people I have always wanted to spend time with, and I’ll tell you why I wanted to spend time with them.
5. Joseph Smith – Not just because he is the founder of my church, the LDS church, but because I have so many questions for him. I wasn’t always interested in his life because his story is familiar and retold again and again in the church as you study the history of the Gospel and Mormon Doctrine. But after really reading his history, his writings and many of the things that other people thought of him, I am really interested to know what he thought about it all and I think, from the stories I know, that he would be a really great guy to have around just for stories and general good humor.
4. Jim Henson – Dying to know what he wanted to do if he had more time on Earth. Also, a great story teller. I’m sure he could just sit around and tell stories forever. I would love to brainstorm up a story with him. Try to figure out which muppets would fit in with what classic myth- who wouldn’t love that?
3. – Libby Custer – I’m just fascinated by her story and her efforts to defend her husband’s legacy after his death. I would really like to do a sit down interview with her and find out everything I could about how she felt about her husband. Such loyalty has to come from somewhere deep. I would just love to sit and listen where such convictions were born. There aren’t many women that dedicate their widowhood to defending their husbands legacy as stridently as she did. She sounds spunky. I really want to meet her.
2. C.S. Lewis – So many questions for “Jack”–the first of which would be why he insisted on being called Jack. I would love for him to personally teach me how to understand the language of apologetics the way other apologists do. I really can’t understand them once they all start talking to each other. It’s like another language. I’d want to tell him how much my husband loves him and thank him for that. I’d want to ask him why Tolkien felt the need to complicate things that were really quite simple…
1. Karl Urban – Actually, I don’t really want to meet the actor Karl Urban, but I want to meet every single character he has portrayed in the last 20 years and talk to them, especially Eomer, Dr. McCoy, Cupid, Caesar and Reaper, among others. I don’t really want to meet the Russian in Borne #2, but I would like him to speak to me in a Russian accent. Did I mention my husband reminds me of a deafblind Karl Urban? I knew and met Karl when he was just Cupid and I was doing interviews about “Privateers” a pilot by the writer of “Trekkies” that never got picked up. He would have made a great space pirate, but I guess he went onto better things anyway. I love Eomer. I have loved Dr. McCoy since the 80’s when I first saw Trek. I loved Cupid, hated Caesar, but loved Xena, and I loved Reaper in Doom. This isn’t really making any sense, is it? Oh well…